Changes in the modern workplace and the rise of health related problems alarmed the government. Because of this, various legislative requirements have been set for offices to follow that may reduce the incidence of health problems among office workers. One of which is the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s development of ergonomic standards.
Manufacturers are quick to design contemporary office chairs that follow the ergonomic standards; some manufacturers even surpass these standards to keep themselves advantageous among its competition.
Here are some basic features of ergonomic contemporary office chairs:
– High back and contoured to the natural „S“ shape of the spine. A built-in lumbar support is common among all contemporary office chairs.
– Wide and soft armrest that may be adjusted to the body size of the user.
– Waterfall front edge, to ensure proper blood circulation under the legs.
– Mesh back that is flexible and promotes aeration. It provides breathability and constant firm support for the back that help maintain the natural curve of the spine.
– Pneumatic lift and swivel contemporary office chair for easy movability and adjustability to accommodate different users.
Because of the variety of requirements of different individuals, manufacturers have various designs that may fit any user. However, proper selection of contemporary office chair may need the following important considerations to ensure buying the best for the variety of use:
– Do you often lean forward while working on paper work or computer? If you are, then what you need is a task chair.
– Consider the adjustability you need. Those contemporary office chairs that you can adjust while seated are the best in considering ease of use. Adjustability includes chair tilt, backrest height and angle, armrest height and angle and lumbar support comfort.
– Caster consideration, will it roll on carpet or hard floor. There are different casters for different types of floor, also make sure to get a five-legged caster.
– Take time to choose, try the contemporary office chair for about 10 to 15 minutes, consider the feel and comfort especially for the type of users who needs to sit a lot and have dedicated function.
In buying contemporary office chairs, you do not need to custom-fit them to each employee; it may be costly and unnecessary. All you need to consider is the adjustability that may fit most of your office workers.
Check out these different types of contemporary office chairs that are popular among consumers:
1. Aeron by Herman Miller
2. Mirra by Herman Miller
3. Leap by Steelcase
4. Freedom by Humanscale
Choose among these popular picks of contemporary office chairs and see the difference it will make on the productivity and efficiency of your office workers.
Statistics show that employees who feel that their employers are looking after their health and well-being by investing heavily on contemporary office chairs especially those that follow the ergonomic design standard often keep their honest and integrity. Additionally, a 10% increase in productivity or up to as much as 40 productive minutes in an employees workday has been recorded as a result of the pride and esteem developed by employees knowing that their employers look after their health.